Hotty from History #9 - Mercedes de Acosta
(March 1 1893 – May 9 1968) was an American Poet, playwright, costume designer and socialite, famous for her numerous lesbian affairs.
Why she qualifies:
- She is a socialite of Spanish decent.
- She did not attempt to hide her sexuality
- She died in poverty and obscurity for outing famous Hollywood actresses
- She probably smoked…
- She had love affairs with GRETA GARBO and MARLENE DIETRICH, two of the most beautiful women in the world.
- She was a costume designer